Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Elizabeth Peebles
Cultural Resource Management and Protection Section
Fairfax County Park Authority (Virginia)

This is only my second week with FCPA and it feels like I've been here much longer. I've been emersed in projects with new ones appearing on my desk almost daily - and yet I still don't have a computer user name or email, tech services seem a little slow here in Fairfax.
My task as a summer intern is to write nominations for county owned historic properties to be added to the county inventory of historic sites, assist in designing and editing interpretive panels, and create an interpretive trail guide for the archaeological trail at Sully Historic Site in Chantilly. I walked the Sully trail yesterday to take photos of the stone bridge, 3/4 foundation, tenant house foundation, and the Manassas Gap RR cut and this morning I woke up to find a tick behind my knee. Do we have workers comp as a UDel intern? I am wrapping up the nomination for the Ox Hill Battlefield Memorial Park and my next property to tackle is the Lewinsville House aka Meadowbrook but for the last twenty-five years historians have debated about when the current house was actually built.

No comments:

Post a Comment